El Bohío is a family-run restaurant in Illescas, in the province of Toledo. It has been in the family for three generations now. The establishment, in the style of traditional Castilian taverns, is owned by the Rodríguez brothers: Diego, the maître d’, and Pepe, chef and MasterChef Spain judge who holds a Michelin star. El Bohío serves contemporary cuisine while placing importance on ingredients and flavours of the land. Also, it has a most distinguished wine list.
The restaurant needed restructuring and design in four areas to meet the needs of the dining room and maximize staff circulation in the professional kitchen The four areas are the cooking area, the cleaning and washing station, the waiters’ office and the patisserie.
Repagas proposed a solution through from Repagas Concept, the firm’s new comprehensive consulting service. The idea was to have an efficient design, suitable for a commercial kitchen, and to provide top-quality equipment.
In the cooking area, the following equipment of the 900 Series was installed, consisting of modular and counter-top components:
- Industrial cooker from Repagas with large, high-performance burners designed for high heating power.
- Repagas industrial cooker. Model CG-920/M. Large cooker characterised by functionality and power that offers the highest level of versatility and great design. High-performance gas burners. Stainless steel exterior. Cooling system blows air out indirectly around food. Evaporation temperature controlled by means of a thermostat valve.
- 3B-COUP DE FEU/Radiating plate. Model CG-910/RM. Industrial cooker with gas burners, radiating plate from Repagas. Cast iron upper plate facilitates heat transmission. Top with open fire and ignition pilot, safety valve and thermocouple. High-performance burners with brass machined cap. Cast iron grid with anti-acid enamel measuring 390 x 368mm. Heat-resistant, ergonomic polyamide knobs.
In the patisserie, the following equipment was installed:
- Cook & chill combi oven. Model HE-611/2 from Repagas. Polished stainless steel baking chamber with steel top and bottom, compatible with GN 1/1 and GN 2/1 racks. Automatic cooling of baking chamber with door closed. Multifunction oven with a combination of cooking methods, LED display and digital controls (7 segments). Convection heat from 30º C to 270ºC and humidity from 0 to 100%. Combination cooking from 30º C to 250º C and steam level ranging from 10 to 90%. Steam cooking between 30º C and 125º C. Pre-setting for remote control of power peaks.
- Blast chiller. Model AT-511 from Repagas. Stainless steel structure. Scotch-Brite-finish satin steel sides and control panel. Cooling chamber with rounded corners and condensation outlet at the bottom. Suitable for GN 1/1 racks and/or pastry sheets measuring 600 x 400mm. Tray support structure made of stainless steel wire. Cooling system blows air out indirectly around food. Evaporation temperature controlled by means of a thermostat valve.
Repagas Concept also provided comprehensive solutions for the waiters’ office and the cleaning and washing station, including equipment.
The finished kitchen, featuring restaurant equipment from Repagas, is ideal for a Michelin-starred, internationally renowned chef like Pepe Rodríguez. Read more about the project on our blog.
Project developed by Repagas Concept